Wednesday, June 28, 2017

STORAGE ROOM FROM THE 70's- NEW CRAFT ROOM

This was a project that I was very excited to have done, but did not have much to do with the process.  Good thing I have such a nice hubby who did the work for me!!

So, this 70's storage room was pretty bad to put it nicely!  It had sweet orange and gold linoleum, orange counter tops, and some awesome home made shelves (which were the home to a family of mice.... who left presents all over the room-yuck!!)  This was the reason I really had no part in the room transformation.  I imagined when the sheet rock was removed it would be like the scene in Ratituou ??  where the ceiling collapsed and mice ran everywhere.  So, I tried to stay clear of the project!  Much to my surprise, there were not any families living in the walls (thank heavens!!).

My hubby gutted the room, put up new sheet rock, new counter tops were added, and had carpet put in.  It turned out amazing, and it definitely gets used for many craft, wedding, house, and school projects.  I loved that I can start a project and shut the door and come back later!!

                            Here is the delightful room before... the pictures don't do any justice!
Before 2013


After- 2013
new carpet, counter top, sheet rock, paint, and baseboards.

Green cupboard came out of my grandpa's old garage they were tearing down.  
It was really gross and needed a good cleaning, but I love the old worn look.

Sanded down a yard sale black desk and found this green surprise under it.  
Love how it turned out, and matches my cupboard- bonus!
This is my motto!! found it on pinterest.

I wish it looked like this now!! I will spare you the present state of my craft room... it is filled with many craft projects, and a lot of craft stuff!




No comments:

Post a Comment