Saturday, May 25, 2013

Bathroom Cabinet Redo

                           The fun stuff we (mostly me) did in the bathroom were to redo the cupboards. 
                                                                  Here's a before:
 

                              Not a very good picture, but the color is builder grade oak
                                        ( you know the yellowish color ones)

            So I decided to make them darker using GelStain, I think its by Minwax.  This stuff is great because you DON'T have to sand down to bare wood!!! That means a lot less work-which means project done quicker, that's what I love!!  So you lightly sand then wipe on with an old sock and when it dries put a coat of poly on top and whala- it's like new cabinets!! But it only cost me-$0, since I already had the stain and the poly !! 
                                   
                                         Here's the after ( I wish the pictures were better- just believe me,               they look  100 times better !!)   It's like going from the 90's to the 2000's!!


                                                    BEFORE        AND             AFTER






             

 Ain't she a beauty?? I think so!!

No comments:

Post a Comment