Saturday, May 25, 2013

Spray Painting Light Fixtures

                   So to finish updating the bathroom, I chose to change out the silver and go with oil rubbed bronze.  With a very small budget to work with I decided to spray paint anything I could to save some bucks!! I did some research on were else but pinterest lol !! I found what I was looking for- how to spray paint metal without it scratching off.  Its on my my pinterest page under new house ideas( I don't know how to link directly to that pin!!).   The secret is spraying a clear coat over the color after it is dry!! Seriously I would have NEVER thought of that on my own- thank you Pinterest!!  So all my hours are not wasted- they were hard work that paid off! lol-that's what I 'll keep telling myself!! 
 
Here's the before -
Lights and outlet plates

 
The light fixture I painted, was actually donated from my friends husband.  It was silver just like the one that was in the bathroom, but it had the light covers with it.  I also sprayed the silver towel rack that I had with the same oil rubbed bronze paint.  My sweet little brother donated a brand new TP holder  and a hand towel rack that he had extra.  We bought the new faucet at walmart-who'd have guessed !! 
 
So far my cost is :
 
Cabinet redo- $0
New TP & hand towel rack (donated)-$0
New and Newly painted  light fixture (donated)-$12 paint and clear coat
New and Newly painted towel rack(craigslist)-$5
Outlet plates - $0
New Faucet -$65
New knobs on white cabinet-$4
New shower hooks -$6
New hanging basket for towels $20
 New Rug - $8
 
Total spent: $120
(doesn't include a new toilet and stuff to remove and redo grout on tub-that's another day of fun!!)
 
Here's the Reveal :



 
That's all for now!!
 
Still to do:
Frame mirror-I'll definitely post how that goes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment