Saturday, May 25, 2013

Bathroom Overhaul

                  The upstairs bathroom - a work in progress!!  So here's the first room to see the transformation that has been done.  So remember when I said our house was really nice it just needed a lot of elbow grease, well - here is exactly what I meant. 

           When we bought our house we had 3 weeks of remodeling on our bedroom that took place before we moved in.  During that time, I spent pretty much all day every day scrubbing our new house.  I say scrubbing lightly!! So here are the before pictures of what took place.




                       So here's the tub area( majority of work took place here!)  So if you ever have the great idea that you should put clear silicone over your grout -PLEASE DON'T!! That is unless you would like to see the mildew growing under it, and have dark black gross around every corner of your bathroom. Oh wait that was our bathroom!!

                  So ya, around the entire tub, the corners of the wall on the tile, the floor next to the baseboards, around the toilet on the floor (everywhere) was covered  with clear silicone.  So that's were I began, I started with a razor then moved on to needle nose pliers and after days of working on removing the silicone(mildew intact)  someone at  my favorite store HomeDepot told me to try mineral spirits.  That helped but I still kept on with my razor and pliers, I even recruited my friends to come help ( I know they loved it!)  Finally it was done- no more silicone.   Only to discover the purpose of the silicone, cracked and braking grout!!

                     Now we have to remove the grout - we got a special tool at you know HomeDepot.   Me and Adam both got to work on that project - and the fun we had !!!  So 3 weeks later, we moved in and had no grout in our tub - that meant no showers upstairs.  It only took a couple weeks till we (Adam) put the grout in and we had a working bath/shower upstairs - HOORAY!! 





        

No comments:

Post a Comment